MVAH Partners is an integrated real estate firm that specializes in affordable housing development and operation that is revolutionizing the housing market - one community at a time! Ranked # 3 in the Affordable Housing Finance Magazine's Top 15 Developers in 2017 for outstanding work in 15 US states, MVAH continues to press onward, as an industry leader, to provide the highest quality housing and customer service to the residents and communities we serve.
We are currently seeking an addition to our dynamic team in the role of Project Manager. If you are eager to work for a company that invests in your career and recognizes your accomplishments as an instrumental part of the organization's success, we want to speak with you.
As a Project Manager, you will; assist with the oversight of the due diligence, entitlement, design, permitting, and construction oversight process for all multi-family projects as assigned with an emphasis on supporting the acquisition and development teams. The Project Manager will assist in expediting the design process and receipt of all necessary permits and entitlements required to initiate timely construction starts on all planned and approved new construction projects. An ability to delegate is also useful. This position requires the ability to deal effectively with people at all organizational levels, both internally and externally. This is a salaried position requiring occasional work beyond 40 hours/week as required to meet deadlines.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Primary responsibility is to initiate, direct, and monitor the entitlement and permitting process for all multi-family projects.
- Perform due diligence and entitlements after the receipt of Real Estate Committee approval or acceptance of a Reservation of Credits for Tax Credit Projects.
- Act as a point of contact after Tax Credit Awards for all jurisdictional agencies, and the development team (Development, Property Management, Asset Management and Finance) to proactively expedite and manage the permit approval and closing processes.
- Assist in the development of land plans, civil site plans and building plans.
- Ensure projects receive all approvals necessary to expedite construction start and finance closings.
- Provide direct support to Development Directors for all multi-family projects.
- Identify within each project all development and finance commitments are clear on the final plans and specifications.
- Assist in identifying Third Party General Contractors for preconstruction services or bidding of final plans and specifications.
- Coordinate directly with Third Party General Contractors all land plans, civil engineering site plans and building plans throughout the design and permit approval process, when selected early in the process.
- Assist in project managing the process between the Development Team to value engineer all aspects of final plans and specifications.
- Attend as necessary, any jurisdictional meetings (Boards, Staff, and Consultants) for purposes of expediting approvals to allow finance closing and construction start.
- Attend as necessary, on site construction monthly draw meetings. There are circumstances where visiting/attending active construction job sites occurs more than one time a month.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Real Estate, Construction Management or equivalent education and work experience. At least 3 years of experience in development of tax credit or market rate multi-family housing is preferred.
- Must be well versed in reading civil engineering site plans and architect drawings.
- Experience with SureTrak or similar project manager software a plus but not required.
- Experience in the affordable housing industry a plus but not required.
- Experience in the engineering and/or architect field a plus but not required.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Ownership mentality
- Analytical/forward thinking
- Capacity to work on multiple projects
- Positive attitude
- Eagerness to learn and teach
- Passion for success
Capacity to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Aptitude to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to upper management. Competency to teach others how to perform tasks and help other accountants grow in their understanding of the business and processes.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Capability to apply present value, discounting and investment return concepts. Capacity to prepare financial analysis ratios and interpret the results for use by upper management.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
Competitive base salary with achievable bonus potential. Paid vacation/sick time and career development reimbursement. Additionally, MVAH provides a generous contribution to the company sponsored plans offered; Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, FSAs, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance, Legal Insurance and 401K Retirement Plan.
MVAH Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V/SO and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.