MVAH Partners is an integrated real estate firm that specializes in affordable housing development and operation that is revolutionizing the housing market - one community at a time! Ranked # 3 in the Affordable Housing Finance Magazine's Top 15 Developers in 2017 for outstanding work in 15 US states, MVAH continues to press onward, as an industry leader, to provide the highest quality housing and customer service to the residents and communities we serve.
As a Project Accountant, you will; provide high-quality, timely and accurate financial information in compliance with corporate guidelines. Customers to the Portfolio/ Real Estate Accounting Group include; Asset Management, Investment Committee, Senior Management, Corporate Accounting, and Finance. Deal effectively with people at all organizational levels, both internally and externally.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Closely monitor cash flow activity
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of taxes, fees and distributions
- Perform monthly closings and prepare adjusting journal entries
- Prepare and review monthly financials for portfolio of properties
- Assist with preparation of budgets and variance analysis
- Facilitate annual audit, financial and tax reporting
- Work closely with Development and Property Management teams
- Supervise supporting staff member
- Manage relationships and reporting requirements with lenders, investors and housing agencies
- Track operating reserve balances and draw activity
- Monitor loans to meet compliance and payment requirements
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Finance or Accounting from four-year institution
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- General understanding of accounting concepts & practices
- Exposure to real estate accounting and/or tax credits is preferred
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Ownership mentality
- Analytical/forward thinking
- Capacity to work on multiple projects
- Positive attitude
- Eagerness to learn and teach
- Passion for success
Capacity to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Aptitude to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and fformat. Ability to effectively present information to upper management. Competency to teach others how to perform tasks and help other accountants grow in their understanding of the business and processes.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Capability to apply present value, discounting and investment return concepts. Capacity to prepare financial analysis ratios and interpret the results for use by upper management.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
Competitive base salary with achievable bonus potential. Paid vacation/sick time and career development reimbursement. Additionally, MVAH provides a generous contribution to the company sponsored plans offered; Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, FSAs, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance, Legal Insurance and 401K Retirement Plan.
MVAH Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V/SO and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.