We are currently seeking an addition to our dynamic team in the role of Financial Analyst. If you are eager to work for a company that invests in your career and recognizes your accomplishments as an instrumental part of the organization's success, we want to speak with you.
As a Financial Analyst, you will; support the production and development activities of the Residential Development Team by performing and providing all financial feasibility modeling (affordable housing), helping to strategically structure affordable housing transactions based on Qualified Allocation Plan requirements and expertise, coordinating the completion of assigned affordable housing applications, and assisting developers in the execution of assigned transactions. This is a position that requires a high level of attention to detail, multi-tasking, an ability to deal with ambiguity, an ability to work well under pressing deadlines and sometimes stressful situations, and an ability to think strategically through complex data and often conflicting requirements. An ability to delegate is also useful. This position requires the ability to deal effectively with people at all organizational levels, both internally and externally. This is a salaried position requiring occasional work beyond 40 hours/week as required to meet deadlines.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be an "Expert" of all Qualified Allocation Plans for assigned states. Be prepared to demonstrate this knowledge as necessary during meetings, discussions, etc.
- Be an "Expert" of all financial products used in the development of affordable housing in assigned states.
- With the Development Team, the President of MV Affordable Housing Development, and the Underwriting Manager, help create the annual affordable housing development strategy in assigned states (deal structures, "must have" items, etc.).
- For assigned developments, prepare all necessary financial pro-forma from initial feasibility through 8609, as necessary.
- Provide preliminary feedback to developers within 48-hours (2 calendar days) of being assigned a development.
- Complete assigned portions of all assigned affordable housing applications; at a minimum, the "numbers" portion of each assigned application. The goal is for these portions to be error-free.
- Prepare the "numbers" portion of presentations, for all assigned developments, for all required internal meetings, and external meetings, where appropriate.
- Over and above Analysis, assist respective developers in their execution of affordable housing transactions, as needed.
- Attend and participate (as needed) in Management Committee and/or other internal committee meetings when assigned developments are presented.
- Prepare various communications (letters, e-mails, pro-forma summaries, etc.) for external parties, including non-profit partners, state housing finance agencies, for-profit partners, etc.
- Assist the Asset Management team in the preparation of Carryover Allocation and Placed-in-Service documentation for all assigned developments.
- Collaborate with the securing and closing of equity and construction/permanent debt instruments. This will result in being a point of contact between lenders/investors and providing information to assist in the closing(s) for all assigned developments.
- Ensure completion of all applications for "soft" sources of funding (i.e., Federal Home Loan Bank, Local HOME dollars, Local Trust dollars, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Asset Management/Property Management teams to derive acceptable operating budgets for assigned developments. This should be done prior to the submission of an application.
- Collaborate with our Development Project Managers, Construction team, and Developers to derive acceptable construction budgets for assigned deals. This should be done prior to the submission of an application.
- Meet and communicate with State Housing Finance Agency contacts as appropriate; serve as a point of contact between MV and the particular Agency, where appropriate.
- Help ensure affordable housing application commitments and QAP requirements are communicated to our internal teams, and maintained throughout the development process (Handoff Package). Ensure that a first draft has been prepared at the time of reservation, and a final draft prepared prior to closing.
- Provide various other requested analyses and sensitivity analyses when needed by management level and senior level Associates.
- Meet and communicate with various non- and for-profit partner entities, in some cases, serving as a main point of contact for certain partners.
- Attend conferences, trainings, QAP public hearings and other applicable gatherings in assigned states, and where appropriate.
- Stay abreast of real-estate and industry trends, legal and policy issues, etc., through active reading of various industry publications.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in a business related field
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Analyst experience in the real estate industry, more specifically affordable housing, is a plus
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Ownership mentality
- Analytical/forward thinking
- Capacity to work on multiple projects
- Positive attitude
- Eagerness to learn and teach
- Passion for success
Capacity to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Aptitude to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to upper management. Competency to teach others how to perform tasks and help other accountants grow in their understanding of the business and processes.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Capability to apply present value, discounting and investment return concepts. Capacity to prepare financial analysis ratios and interpret the results for use by upper management.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
Competitive base salary with achievable bonus potential. Paid vacation/sick time and career development reimbursement. Additionally, MVAH provides a generous contribution to the company sponsored plans offered; Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, FSAs, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance, Legal Insurance and 401K Retirement Plan.
MVAH Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V/SO and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.